cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can I have 2 VLAN for management APs on wireless controller ?

Ethan and Mia
Level 1
Level 1

Hi master

I am not have cisco WLC for test this solution , so  Can i have more than a VLAN for APs Management

exam

VLAN 100 and 200 are APs management ,  

Thanks your for reply

4 Replies 4

Hi

No, you dont.  On the vlan there´s an option "Enable Dynamic AP Management". The WLC only accept one vlan to have this option checked.

And this can be disrruptive, so be carefull

Haydn Andrews
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

the WLC can only have the single AP management VLAN. But the APs can live on a different VLAN as long as one of the WLC discovery methods like DHCP option 43 or DNS to discover the WLC are available to them (plus nothing blocking CAPWAP control and data between them)

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hi Haydn,
I've come across several of your responses to various issues, and I now have a challenge related to the WLC 5500 and associated APs (1600, 2600, and 2800). I need to change the WLAN subnet from 172.22.0.0/16 to 10.6.15.0/24. The old WLC management IP is 172.22.243.223, and the new one will be 10.6.15.10. The previous DHCP scope for APs ranged from 172.22.105.10 to 172.22.106.199; the new scope will be 10.6.15.100 to 10.6.15.199. The DNS servers in the scope will be 172.22.22.22, and the DNS domain is XXXX.local. I'm feeling quite confused as these devices are quite old, and the task outcome is unclear to me, given that I'm attempting this for the first time. I'd appreciate your valuable insights.

Thank you in advance.

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yes APs can be in any VLANs but make sure that you configure a right method for registration to WLC.

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card