cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't delete WLAN, missing anchor config...

Rob Simkins
Level 1
Level 1

Using WLC v7.6.100.0

(Cisco Controller) >config wlan delete <n>

This WLAN is used in AP groups.
Are you sure you want to continue? (y/n) y

Anchors configured on WLAN - unable to delete WLAN entry.

There are no anchors configured on the WLAN... I think this is seen when an IP address changes in the mobility group, but the anchor for a WLAN isn't removed prior to the change.  This is an old bug from 4.2

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCsy94911

Anyone got a workaround other than resetting the WLC?  That would be very annoying...

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Rob,

Did you try the workaround given in the bugID you provided. ? It may work if this is a similar case.

"Add an anchor to this wlan and then delete the same, the wlan can be delete after this."

HTH

Rasika

**** Pls rate all useful responses ***

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Hi Rob,

Did you try the workaround given in the bugID you provided. ? It may work if this is a similar case.

"Add an anchor to this wlan and then delete the same, the wlan can be delete after this."

HTH

Rasika

**** Pls rate all useful responses ***

Hi Rasika,

Yes I tried that .

One thing to note is that when you add the problem anchor it no longer appears on the list of selectable anchors but it doesn't appear above in the configured anchors...

I then tried removing all WLAN anchor configs, then changing the mobility group entry for the anchor WLC to the previous (original) IP entry, then adding and removing that.

So I assume that there is hidden WLAN config mapping anchor wlc by MAC to IP...  If there is a mobility group change this config goes into limbo.... It's still there but is removed from GUI and console running config somehow

:S

So, was there any solution to this? I'm having the same issue right now on a 5508 7.6.130.0. The WLAN has no anchors associated to it and I still can't delete it. I tried to add an anchor and delete it again to no avail.

/Tomas

Have to tried to backup the config and edit it and then you can do a restore. The WLC will reboot though when restoring the config. -Scott
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Sound like a plan. I'll try that. Thanks

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card