cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't get past "Applying computer settings..."

anant.chandra
Level 1
Level 1

Our network includes Cisco Aironet 340 series wireless bridges (in access point mode) and Cisco Aironet 340 series access points.

Recently we purchased some Dell Latitude C400 systems with the built-in TrueMobile 1150 Series Mini PC Cards. The firmware version is 8.10 for the "station functions firmware" and 4.04 for the "primary firmware".

When I connect the computer to the wired network, it boots successfully. But then I try to boot it without a network cable attached, so that the only network connection is through the TrueMobile card. In this case the system does not get past the "Applying computer settings..." screen. I'm forced to turn off the power, connect a network cable, boot and disable radio in the TrueMobile 1150 Client Manager.

This occurs when I'm trying to connect to the 340 series bridge with firmware version 8.80 but it didn't occur when I tried to connect to the 340 series access point with firmware version 11.05A.

Does anyone have any idea what the problem is?

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card