Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot console to AIR-LAP 1252

MichaelQwerty
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everybody,

Yesterday I got AL 1252 with AC/DC Adapter. Unfortunately I cannot log in to console. There is no output in Putty (sometimes after sevral minutes clicking ENTER there is sth like this:"ţţţţţîţîđîîîţđO˙Ŕ÷÷ířě". AP looks fine, after couple of second Status led is constatnly green which means "Normal operating condition, but no wireless client devices are associated with the unit." (source:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/access_point/1250/installation/guide/125h_c4.html)

What shall I do to log in to console?

4 Replies 4

Surendra BG
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Use the hyperterminal... and set the baud rated and all top restore defaults. and then try to access..

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

Nope, exactly the same situation - but there was a sign 'x' after a minute pressing ENTER Nothing else

Hmmm... If the Device is under warranty or under contract please open up a TAC case with us and we will see if its the HW failure, then we will replace the device!!

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

I have dealt with this problem once again today.

It shows up that the problem is... my USB-Serial Adapter. I could log in into Cisco routers and switches but not APs! Then I have used USB-Serial Adapter with ProLific chipset and it has worked. It did not concern my computer because my collegues also had the same issue using my adapter.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: