cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot see ssid after all config are done

eigrpy
Level 4
Level 4

Hi AP(3600) joined to WLC and WLAN are configured, but I cannot see its ssid. Did I miss some steps? Anyone can help to give some suggestions? Thank you

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

is this only AP you have issue  - or any other AP able to show SSID ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If an access point is joined with no issues and like you mentioned you don't see any SSID's, its your configuration or the antennas/radio of the ap is a problem.  if your SSID's are wlan 1-16, they broadcast automatically.  If you use a wlan id of 7 or higher, then you need to create an ap group and add the ap's to that group. 

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

1. is wlan enabled and broadcasted ?

2. check if you have any AP groups configured on wlc ? if yes then you need to add that wlan to AP group.

Regards

Dont forget to arte helpful posts

9 Replies 9

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

is this only AP you have issue  - or any other AP able to show SSID ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If an access point is joined with no issues and like you mentioned you don't see any SSID's, its your configuration or the antennas/radio of the ap is a problem.  if your SSID's are wlan 1-16, they broadcast automatically.  If you use a wlan id of 7 or higher, then you need to create an ap group and add the ap's to that group. 

-Scott

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

1. is wlan enabled and broadcasted ?

2. check if you have any AP groups configured on wlc ? if yes then you need to add that wlan to AP group.

Regards

Dont forget to arte helpful posts

Thank you all! All you suggestions are very good! I did not enabled it

That's funny... you can see how we all answered, we all assumed it was already broadcasting.  I keep telling myself not to assume, but yet I still do:)

-Scott

Hello, after weeks, the AP ssid cannot be seen again. I already checked and make sure that wlan, broadcast, group are enabled. So I think it might be broken. Do we have some command or debug to test it before throwing it away? Thank you

Do you have an old controller? Or is the issue probably the ap itself?
-Scott

Noticed it is at local mode, it works after changing it

Local mode is default, do not know why it does not work

Could be your config.  Are you saying that you noticed the AP is in local mode and it doesn't work, but when you changed it to FlexConnect it works?  That is a configuration issue then.

-Scott
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card