cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cant access service-module wlan-0 (Cisco 881W)

Johan Olsson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,
I have a problem with a Cisco 881W.
I can't access the service module. When I type "service-mdoule wlan-ap 0 session" I get the login prompt, type my username/password and then it just hangs and nothing happens.

If I type wrong usernam/password I get the authentication error so I assume my credentials are correct.

I have tested to do a reset on the AP module with:

service-module wlan-ap0 reset default-config
service-module wlan-ap 0 rest

But it doesn't solve the problem.

Any idea how to solve this. The router is on a remote location so I do not have physical access to it.

Thanks for any imput!!

4 Replies 4

Manish Mathur
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Johan,

I hope that you are following this guide and do have the IP address assigned to the wlan-ap0 interface as described. After providing the username/password , if it just hangs , the inbuilt AP might be in a bad condition.

Let's start with this command:

service-module wlan-ap 0 bootimage autonomous

You "MAY" have to take it to the initial stage by the command:

service-module wlan-ap0 reset bootloader

Let's see if that helps.

Cheers,

Manish

Hi Manish,
Thanks for they reply. What guide do you refer to?
On the router I have configured "ip unnumbered vlan1" under the "interface wlan-ap0".

Configured both command you suggested, but the problem remains.... you think it's broken?

Regards,
Johan

Hi Johan,

I referred this:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/access/800/software/configuration/guide/SCG800Guide/SCG800_Guide_BookMap_chapter_01001.html#task_1061918

Yes, I suspect that the AP inside the ISR is broken. The last resort is to open up a TAC case to confirm. Please update the thread with your findings to share the knowledge.

Cheers,

Manish

I have unfortunately no smart-net/support agreement on this box since it's a little older so it may be to get a new AP instead.

Thanks anyway :)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card