Views
Helpful
Replies

Cant create new accounts in Cisco Prime

Jojje
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,
Im having issues creating new accounts in my Cisco Prime 3.10.

When I try to create a new account and enter the password I want, nothing happens in the password strength-bar which in turn makes it impossible for me to create a new account.

Jojje_1-1663137713299.png

Jojje_0-1663137678410.png

I found that it could be related to account permission, that my account is not a member of super-users. Tried that, didn´t help.
I also found a bug https://bst.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvx77751
However, this claims to be for 3.9, this is 3.10.

The workaround there is to use the root-account to create new users, didn´t work either.

8 Replies 8

marce1000
VIP
VIP

>....However, this claims to be for 3.9, this is 3.10

Yes , but the Known Fixed Releases section is empty , contact TAC.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Rich R
VIP
VIP

Anything that affects 3.9 will also affect 3.10 unless it has been fixed so that bug will also affect 3.10.
Note that the bug is terminated meaning Cisco will not fix it - probably because PI is now almost end of life.
What browser and version are you using?  Have you disabled various "safety/security/protection" features which might block functionality in the page?  Have you tried different browsers and different versions of browsers?
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/prime/infrastructure/3-10/quick_start/guide/cisco_prime_infrastructure_3_10_quick_start_guide.html#con_1070217

Im aware that prime Will reach End-of-life soon. However, its still supported.

I have tried multipel browsers, edge, internet explorer, Firefox, Chrome with various security settings, Its still The same.

I contacted TAC today, I can share The solution if they manage to solve it. 

Jojje
Level 1
Level 1

I had a session with TAC today and they told me that this is actually not a bug in the software it self, rather than a database-issue related migration from previous versions. 

I still use Prime, but I don't upgrade, I rebuild it.  I make sure I backup the devices and groups and then the maps.  I spin up a new version of PI and configure that from scratch and then import the groups, devices then maps.  You will loose your reports and other stuff, but you don't run into these DB issues.  I have had many tac cases on stale items in the db and for me, its easier to just spin up a new VM and set that up.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

So on the latest version of PI 3.10 that has not been upgraded from an older release, I don't get any error or have issues.

ScottFella_0-1663343041828.png

ScottFella_1-1663343058577.png

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Rich R
VIP
VIP

ROFL so a bug (or something that Prime broke) in the database that's part of Prime is not a Prime bug?  Gotta love how they make excuses for the product and try to avoid doing anything about it by claiming it's not a bug that Prime corrupts its own database.
Main thing though - did they tell you how to fix it?

Rich R
VIP
VIP

I actually had a similar problem on 3.9 today trying to change a user password (no error message, just did nothing) on latest version of Edge.  But it worked ok on Firefox 68.12.0esr for me so it might be worth trying that.  Note the strength indicator still didn't work but it didn't stop me from making the change using the system generated password.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card