Views
Helpful
Replies

Cant ssh into NCS?

Andrew Cormier
Level 1
Level 1

Good morning.

We have a NCS virtual appliance that we need to resize the diskspace for.

I can log in to the device via web page using root but cant SSH in.

is this normal?

If so is there a way I resize the disks?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

No... GUI and CLI are different. GUI default username is root and the CLI is admin unless it was changed.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You should be able to access the virtual NCS from vSphere client using the console. You should be able to ssh, but since you are not able to, use the ESXi console.

Thanks,

Scott

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****

-Scott

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

HI ,

This is not normal, you must ahve access to NCS via ssh.

Did you try with other PC or laptop or with diff emulation software  like putty , ZOC client.. ??

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/ncs/1-1/command/reference/cli11/cli_use.html

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

because it is a vm I can go directly to the console. I can also use putty/ssh.

WHen I try to log in I use root and the password (the same one for the web interface). I can connect but auth fails.

The password is not the same as the GUI.  The password is set in the CLI of NCS.  This is configured the same as any IOS switch or router:

So console into the NCS and create a new username and password like you would do a switch or router.

Thanks,

Scott

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****

-Scott

via SSH, the username is admin and passwrd

Regards

Thanks for the help. We did not deploy the NCS. Consultants did. I have the original docs with the user/pass. I also have email from 2012 saying "Hi, I noticed the ssh/ftp doesnt work with root/password provided."

Resent (dont know if the guy works there anymore) and will see how it goes.

Can I ask a quick question? Why would root password work on the web interface but not via SSH?

it is still root right?

No... GUI and CLI are different. GUI default username is root and the CLI is admin unless it was changed.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott

That worked. I was using the Root account.

Last question.. promise

Sorry to ask but would rebooting the NCS impact wireless connectivity for our users? I dont think it would but want to make sure.

NO It will not affects.

Regards

You can reboot it as many times as you want:)

Thanks,

Scott

-Scott
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: