cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CAPWAP-3-DISC_AP_MGR_ERR1 IPv6 errors flooding log

AxelS
Level 1
Level 1

We have 2x 3504 WLCs configured as HA. The installed Firmware is 8.8.100. IPv6 is globally disabled and CAPWAP preferred mod is set to IPv4 but the controller log is still flooded by the following message:

*spamApTask0: Nov 07 22:52:33.418: %CAPWAP-3-DISC_AP_MGR_ERR1: [SA]capwap_ac_sm.c:2117 The system is unable to process Primary discovery request from AP hex:hex:hex:hex:hex:hex on interface (1), VLAN (9), could not get IPv6 AP manager

How can we disabled those kinds of message or is this a known bug?

Thanks Axel

12 Replies 12

patoberli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Check the release notes for 8.8.100.0, there are several known bugs with IPv6:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/release/notes/crn88.html#open-caveats

Does your DHCP server, by chance, offer IPv4 and IPv6 addresses to the APs?

Also 8.8.120.0 should probably soon be released. There should be a Beta thread, where you can download the beta version, search for 8.8MR1 (or 88MR1) here in the forum search function.

I already checked the release notes but I couldn't find anything related to this issue. Our DHCP offers only IPv4 addresses.

I will try the beta firmware. Maybe the bug is already fixed.

Have you found a solution?
I have the same configuration, but still use the firmware 8.5.105.
What surprises me is that I don't even know the Mac address of the access point and I never bought it.

Cheers Patrick

The TAC case is still open. Same here. Mac is uknown.

Hi,  

i have the problem to, have you resolve the problem?

Rewards

@AxelS wrote:

The TAC case is still open. Same here. Mac is uknown.

Have you checked if your DHCP server is providing IPv6 addresses in the AP vlan?

i do have the same error

The system is unable to process Primary discovery request from AP xxxx on interface (xx, VLAN (xx), could not get IPv6 AP manager.Any solution yet to this problem

hi,

just disable the [global IPv6 config]

■ From GUI

1.Controller tab → General → Global IPv6 Config → [Select disable]

■ From CLI

1. config ipv6 disable

Hello,

I too am having this issue and The Global IPv6 setting is disabled.

jaime.amaya
Level 1
Level 1

I had this very same error message and read through all the comments on this post but none of the recommended fixed stopped the error messages.  I was able to address this message and stop it from flooding my log server by actually priming the Primary WLC name and Primary WLC IP address for all the AP's connected to WLC that were not configured with the Primary WLC name and IP Address. After updating all AP Configurations, my logs are no longer showing this error message after almost 24 hours.  I made my AP updates via Prime but I'm sure you can do it on AP or WLC directly.  I hope this helps you if you're having a similar problem. -Cheers.

Jamie,

Are you referring to this page in the actual access point pages?

ThanksCapture.PNG

Hi,

Yes it seems you're making the update via the wlc.  I made mine via Prime after searching for all the AP's needing this update.  Search for the AP's via the wlc that are not primed for and update within the wlc.  I'm sure you can also do it directly on the AP but I would opt for the wlc or via prime or dnac.  In your capture, add the wlc name as you have it named and the virtual or physical ip you're using.  In my case, I'm using HA SSO, so I'm using the virtual ip that is shared between the Primary and Secondary and not the redundant ip's. I hope this helps. 

-James

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card