Views
Helpful
Replies

CAPWAP AP Interface Configuration??

rguzman.plannet
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I already converted an AP to CAPWAP but after that I realized that I did not set duplex full and it's giving mismatch logs. How can I modify this parameter in CAPWAP mode either from the WLC or the AP console?

I think it should be possible, once an engineer from TAC helped me out with an issue and he could modify parameters directly in the AP eventhough it was already LWAPP.

Thanks!

8 Replies 8

zhenningx
Level 4
Level 4

Why you need to set it to full duplex? the recommended setting is auto/auto on both AP(default setting) and switch sides.

Well I know that is a recommendation but recommendation is not always the best and also I have experienced some issues when settings are in auto. And also, the standard with my customer is to fix speed and duplex.

You can just enable telnet for the AP at AP-> Advanced configuration page and configure credentials at either global level or AP level.  Then you can telnet to the AP and configure speed and duplex in the same way as an autonomous AP. I tested it working with 7.0.98 code.

zhenning

can you give me the commands because i was trying earlier and i could not figure out how

Try followings:

1) WLC GUI -> Wireless -> Click on the AP -> Advanced -> Select "Telnet"

2) WLC GUI > Wireless -> Global Configuraion -> Configure Username and Password under "Login Credentials".

3) Telnet to the AP. then use following commands:

config t

interface g0 (or f0)

dup full

We are rolling out APs by the thousands.  We've also converted autonomous to CAPWAP and I have never configured speed and duplex settings.  That's the philosophy of the CAPWAP APs.  Users are suppose to plug them and walk away.

So this brings me to the question. what switch are you using?

Well as I said it happens that my customer has all of its switches with fixed paramteres and I was getting several mismatch logs and I wanted to avoid collisions, etc.

Thank you!

dmantill
Level 4
Level 4

You may need to use this command:

config ap ethernet

To configure the duplex and speed settings on the wireless LAN and the lightweight access points, use the config ap ethernet command.

config ap ethernet duplex [auto | half | full] speed [auto | 10 | 100 | 1000] {all | Cisco_ap}

Syntax Description

duplex

Specifies the ethernet port duplex settings.

auto

half

full

(Optional) Specifies the Ethernet port duplex auto settings.

(Optional) Specifies the Ethernet port duplex half settings.

(Optional) Specifies the Ethernet port duplex full settings.

speed

Specifies the Ethernet port speed settings.

auto

(Optional) Specifies the Ethernet port speed to auto.

(Optional) Specifies the Ethernet port speed to 10 Mbps.

(Optional) Specifies the Ethernet port speed to 100 Mbps.

(Optional) Specifies the Ethernet port speed to 1000 Mbps.

all

Specifies the ethernet port setting for all connected access points.

Cisco_ap

Cisco access point.

Defaults

None

Examples

This example shows how to configure the Ethernet port duplex half settings 10 Mbps for all access points:

> config ap ethernet duplex half speed 10 all

Here it is the link:

Or you can try this from the console port of the AP.
debug lwapp console cli
config t
int fa0
duplex ----
speed ---
end
wr mem
reload

Test after the reload and see if it kept the configuration.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: