cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

capwap tunnel issue

Wifi_Eshwar92
Level 1
Level 1

We have a 4404 controller running on 7.0.116.0. All the ap's registered to that wlc suddenly had capwap flapping. Aps were then stable after few mins. We didnt see any issue on the switch/fw (L3 interface created). Any idea what could be checked ? 

5 Replies 5

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

it could be a network replated issue.

1. what does the swicth interface look like ? How is it configured and are there any errors on AP connected ports ?

2. What are the AP logs showing?  Also, on the controller web interface under Monitor > Statistics > AP Join, what do you see under Last Error Summary?

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

Checked network related logs.. no fault found. Please find the below error from AP join statistics.

Last AP Connection Failure
Last AP Disconnect Reason
Last Error Occurred
Last Error Occurred Reason
Last Join Error Timestamp

must be a bug:

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCum86401/?referring_site=bugquickviewredir

Regards

Chekc if LWAPP and CAPWAP ports are open to buid a tunnel from AP to wlc.

LWAPP port 12222 and 12223

CAPWAP: 5246 - control, 5247 - data

Example:

When an AP running a version before 5.2 joins a 5.2. WLC, the following process is used:

AP joins the 5.2 controller using LWAPP 12223.

AP downloads 5.2 code and reboots.

AP joins the 5.2 controller using CAPWAP 5246.

If the AP is unsuccessful, it falls back to LWAPP. *note that a CAPWAP AP will be not be allowed to register using LWAPP to a CAPWAP WLC*

Regards

Hello, i know this is a old post, but; there is a way to check from wlc cli the operation of tunnel capwap of an AP, for example i have a branch with 2 APs and want to know if the tunnel capwap data and control are ok by a cli command or something, i know that on gui on specific ap i can check the ap associated time and gives me a reference about the control tunnel, but wanna check the data tunnel, thanks a lot.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card