Views
Helpful
Replies

Catalyst express 500 wtih Aironet 1600 AP's

Kataryno8
Level 1
Level 1

Good morning,

In one of our sites we have 2 Catalyst express 500 that are responsible for the LAN switching on that local. We only had there one access point till now one old Aironet 1240AG that worked perfectly connected to the switch with the smartport role AP with the native VLAN matching the native VLAN configured on the AP. Can have clients on VLAN voice and VLAN data with no issues.

We have the need to expand wireless coverage for the warehouse and we bought 3 Aironet 1600 with autonomous firmware to match the old one we have. I made the same configuration on them but when I connect them to the switch it gives me a warning of Incorrect Port role assignment: 

"Assigned Smartport role is "Access Point" and connected device is likely of type "Other". Use the Smartports window to apply the role that matches the device type or disconnect the connected device. Go to Smartports screen to fix the problem"

If i change to other, the warning goes away but i cannot get IP for devices from Voice vlan (not the native vlan of the AP)

I tried everything but i cannot connect them with the role of AP. Anyone can help me out with this? Anyone with similar issue?

Thanks in advance

Regards

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card