cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCXv2 Compliant USB Wi-Fi Adapter

Scott Pickles
Level 4
Level 4

Does anyone know of a CCXv2 or higher compatible USB Wi-Fi adapter?  I need to perform a location based calibration and that requires a CCXv2 or higher compatible Wi-Fi adapter.  I am asking for USB because the internal adapter on my Surface Pro is NOT compatible and I have to use an external adapter.  The links on Cisco's website to participating partners is useless - it's just pointers to company websites that MIGHT have compatible adapters.  I have not been able to find any adapters that have the "Cisco Compatible" logo on it, so ultimately the answer to this question is going to come from someone that just happens to be using a compatible adapter.

Regards,
Scott

3 Replies 3

patoberli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I read that the Linksys AE6000 is supposed to be CCXv5 compatible, but no guarantees. But you are right, it's quite hard to find an adapter which supports it and is USB.

The Netgear A7000 and TP-link archer T9UH are only CCXV1. anyone find a good USB adapter that can do CCXV2?

There barely are any and they will be less and less, because most features have been implemented into normal Wi-Fi 802.11 standards.
Also have a read here: https://community.cisco.com/t5/wireless-and-mobility/ccx-devices-matrix-support/td-p/2726474
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card