Views
Helpful
Replies

certificate error

abinaya.2.r
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

I am having an issue where my guest users are getting an SSL certificate error message.

Based on the attachment, can anyone help whether we have a certificate in proper place?

Is there anything missing here? Or this is a right certificate?

5 Replies 5

johnd2310
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

The user is probably getting an error because the certificate is not trusted. You can  install a public certificate or have the user create an exception for that certificate. Usually for public wifi, you  want to use a public certificate from public CA trusted by most browsers

Thanks

John

**Please rate posts you find helpful**

Thanks John,

But in the screenshot, the type shows as third party and valid till 2026.

Does it not mean that its already received from third party?

Hi,

That certificate is an auto generated certificate by the controller and is not trusted by the "public". You will need a valid public certificate issued by a trusted entity.

Thanks

John

If it is auto generated, will it not show the type as locally generated?

Here the type shows as 3rd party.

Hi,

I think the issue is that the certificate is not trusted. If you look at the issuer name, you will see that it is Cisco and Cisco are not a trusted public CA. Try adding an exception for that certificate and see if you can connect

Thanks

John

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card