cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Certificate Signing Request for ACS 5.3

adilacikgoz75
Level 1
Level 1

In order to authenticate wireless users with EAP-TLS or PEAP-MSCHAPv2, what should I select the key length and digest to sign with? 2048 and SHA256 combination should work?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

My devices have to trust the root CA... the radius only cares about a valid certificate for it to use.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I've only used Key Length=2048, Digest=SHA1, but you can always give that a try. It should work with Windows 7 .  I know that with XP you needed SP3 to use SHA256.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott

Scott,

Thanks for the reply. Do I need to install the Intermediate CA certs along with the Root CA into "Certificate Authorities" in ACS 5.3?

You just need to bind the certificate when you get it.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_system/5.3/user/guide/admin_config.html#wp1070939

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott

How about the Root CA and any Intermediate CAs in the certification path? Don't I need to import these into the Certificate Authorities as well?

I'm ACS 4.2 you had to, I don't recall on ACS 5.x. You services need to have that though. I would have to look at my lab ACS. It won't hurt trying it first to see if it works or not.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_system/5.3/user/guide/eap_pap_phase.html#wp1052021

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott

All Ihave in my lab ACS is a windows certificate from my domain CA 2048 SHA1.

Thanks,

Scott

-Scott

You didn't have to install your Root CA cert in Certificate Authorities and it authenticates wireless users using EAP-TLS authentication?

My devices have to trust the root CA... the radius only cares about a valid certificate for it to use.

Thanks,

Scott

-Scott

Thank you. Makes sense.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card