Views
Helpful
Replies

Certification path clarity- On Professional

Prasan Venky
Level 3
Level 3

Dear Experts,

I have done CCNA wireless and ready to take a next step. I literally confused with what course(My plan is to do CCNP wireless or CWNA..? ) to proceed with and which would give more detail clarity on technical and also job demand ...?

If anyone could guide me here,  would be a great help in my career.

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Just take your time and when you feel comfortable with the various technologies then you should give the CCIE a shot. Make sure you do reference the blueprint

https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/docs/DOC-11621

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Ravi Singh
Level 7
Level 7

Dear Prasan,

As you know that wireless is emerging peeping hot technology. I would recommend you to go with CCNA wireless and after that go for CCIE wireless if possible.  Lot of jobs are available for wireless professionals globally.

Thank you Ravi ... I have already passed CCNA wireless and now looking for professional certifications like CCNP wireless module, CWNA module... After that i will give CCIE wireless...

The path you choose is fine going with the ccnp. I would wait until you have more experience with wireless before trying the CCIE.

-Scott

Hi Scott,

Thanks a lot for your advise I would keep learning things in wireless and will proceed CCNP along with.

KVS

Just look at what is required on the CCIE. You will need to understand routing, QoS and other technologies that isn't just wireless. So the more exposure you have, the better.

-Scott

Yes, beside wireless, i am also handling routing & switching part currently. Hereafter i will be concetrating on both technologies.

Thanks for the guidance.. 

KVS

Just take your time and when you feel comfortable with the various technologies then you should give the CCIE a shot. Make sure you do reference the blueprint

https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/docs/DOC-11621

-Scott
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: