Views
Helpful
Replies

change IP for mgmt/redundancy mgmt ports on 5508 cluster

davinci
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a pair of 5508 WLC setup in HA mode.  What is the best way to change the IP addresses of the management and redundancy management interfaces on BOTH 5508 WLC?  I also need to change IP addresses of all the WAPs too.  Are there any pitfalls I am missing here?

Capture.JPGCapture2.JPG

4 Replies 4

Rafael E
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

you need to break HA.. changes the IP addresses and set HA again. 

If AP were manually set with an IP address then you need to re-do that manually. If there are too many you might want to run a script to do that for you.  

The WLANpoller might be helpful with that: https://developer.cisco.com/docs/wireless-troubleshooting-tools/#!wlan-poller-wlan-poller/wlan-poller

Saludos,
Rafael - TAC

Is this what you are saying?  please include the commands to perform these changes

1. Disable HA

2. Console into active WLC and change IP

3. Console into passive WLC and change IP

4 Enable HA

you can check how to disable HA in the following link 

Saludos,
Rafael - TAC

Your process seems straight forward. You will be taking a downtime since this will take a while. You will also need to make sure you edit the ap’s high availability with the new controller ip. This way, once you move the ap’s to a different subnet, they know of the controllers ip and will join.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: