cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Change Left Softkey to Directory softkey on Cisco Wireless 7925

Alfredo Jurado
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone knows how to change the left softkey to "directory" key?

Currently if you go under SETTINGS > PHONE SETTINGS >CUSTOMIZE HOME PAGE > LEFT SOFTKEY

only provides two options " MESSAGE" and "PHONE BOOK", I want "DIRECTORY" to be listed.

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Alfredo

3 Replies 3

migilles
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can change the Messages softkey to PhoneBook where the local phone book can be launched. Those are the only 2 options for the left softkey when in in idle.

You can set an application URL for the application / PTT button though to have one touch access to a directories URL.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Here is what TAC responded to my questions. ( I though I share this just in case someone else is asking the same questions and still looking for an answer:

2-We also discussed if it was possible to have the lines/speed dials on the front screen of the wireless phone

3-Also if it was possible to change the softkeys that appear at the home screen which are “ Messages” and “Options”

4-Also if you can change/delete the options that appear under the Directory, such like #4 Personal Directory and option #6 Phone Book

Points 2-3-4 are not configurable for these phones. These specific settings are already hardcoded into the phones, that’s why we don’t’ have the ability to customize these fields.

CUCM Team

.:|:.:|:. Cisco TAC Engineer

Not exactly correct. 

For #2, yes you can change the main phone screen to line view where you see the lines, speed dials, or any other options configured with the phone button template.

See pages 46-48 of the 7925G Deployment Guide.
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/7925g/7_0/english/deployment/guide/7925dply.pdf

For #3, when in idle mode, can't change the 2 default softkeys, but can change Messages to PhoneBook (Ph Book).

You can change the softkey order for other states (ring in, connected, etc.) via softkey template configuration.

For #4, can not get rid of Phone Book and Speed Dials from this menu.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: