cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Change management/redundancy IP on 5508 with AP SSO

wouter.dejans
Level 1
Level 1

We have currently a setup with two 5508 WLAN Controllers (firmware 7.4.110.0) configured for AP SSO. Due to some network changes the IP address on the management interface and the redundancy-management interface must be changed to a new IP-range. As these controllers are installed in a remote location, I don't have fysical access to the devices. What are the correct steps to do this? AP's discover the WLC's via L2.

If I look into the GUI, I'm able to change the IP on the redundancy-management interface but the ones on the management and peer redundancy-management are greyed out.

2 Replies 2

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I just ran into the same thing and wasn't able to make a change to the redundancy after you set it... I basically factory reset and configured the WLC's again... this was easier for me than to try to mess around with it.  Your probably going to have to visit that site to be honest.

For HA AP SSO, you should move from v7.4.110.0 to v7.4.121.0, which has been pretty stable compared to the version you are running.  AP join is the same for HA, local mode, or FlexConnect.  Here are some examples:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless-mobility/wireless-lan-wlan/70333-lap-registration.html

Thanks,

Scott

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Any another way to perform the same task without factory reset the WLCs?

Thanks and regards,

Vin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card