Level 4

Do I have to disable SSO first?

I can change the NAT ip on my standalone 5508, but not my HA pair

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Anytime in SSO that you have to make a change to the management interface, you will have to disable SSO.  Kind of stinks, because its a pain to do and then pair the two back.  More reboots than what I prefer:)

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Anytime in SSO that you have to make a change to the management interface, you will have to disable SSO.  Kind of stinks, because its a pain to do and then pair the two back.  More reboots than what I prefer:)

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Yes, and to get that 'new' data to the AP's.  This machine was only serving 8 OEAP's.  Now they want to change the management IP of the Primary Production system with 300.  

If you can give a new name with new management IP to WLC, then you can push that new name & IP to all those OEAP as secondary WLC. Then once you change IP/Name, those APs will register to same (with new name/IP). Later on you can clean up AP High Availability settings on AP.

HTH
Rasika

So Wireless/Access Points/Global Config,  Back-up Primary Controller ... entries will be pushed to ALL attached AP's?

On the OEAPsys unit I just accessed each AP and set the HA targets..

I would surly not want to do each AP one at a time..

Get all your AP names to excel, "show ap summary" will help you to get it.

Then using concatenate feature, you can easily get required CLI for all those APs. Then using WLC CLI you can push that configuration to all your OEAPs.

config ap secondary-base <WLC_NEW_NAME> <AP1_NAME> <NEW_MGT_IP>

config ap secondary-base <WLC_NEW_NAME> <AP300_NAME> <NEW_MGT_IP>

Then when you make the change on WLC side (name & IP change to match above used name & IP), AP will loose primary configured address, however they can come and registered using secondary WLC information available.

Test the process with one AP & make sure it works (if you can test it before production WLC change)

HTH
Rasika
**** Pls rate all useful responses ***

Ok. so it does not play nice via GUI.  fine.  I did forget that the WLC's (2) are in DNS..  so if I change the DNS entry for the subject WLC to the new IP..  and temporally disable system 2 entry, they will all find their new home..  that would get them up..  and I can work on the CLI method .

This covers all the enterprise AP's  on the inside network, not OEAP's on the wlc inquestion.

Once AP learn about WLCs, they keep it in there memory. Therefore best way to change where APs go & register is configuring primary, secondary & tertiary controllers detail (under AP high availability).

Most likely OEAP will go into standalone mode (as they in FlexConnect mode) if WLC not reachable, so even you change DNS entries, that may not guaranteed, those AP will learn new WLC details (unless you power cycle it and force it to discover WLCs once again)

If you push new information as secondary WLC, then it will definitely find that WLC when the primary IP is not reachable.

HTH
Rasika 

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card