Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Changing regulatory domain 9120

Hey Folks, 

I have thousands of C9120AXI-D with us in India and we want to use them by exporting them to other countries. Is there any method where we could change the regulatory domain of these AP's and then use it elsewhere?

8 Replies 8

ammahend
VIP
VIP

don't think so.

-hope this helps-

No you cannot.

Please rate this and mark as solution/answer, if this resolved your issue
Good luck
KB

Priming could be done until which AP model?

Can you elaborate ? 

-hope this helps-

We did change the UX models earlier to whatever regulatory domain we wanted using Air Provision, right? Was this method only for the Aironet AP's and why do not we have it on the Catalyst AP's

Hi, UX models are different use case and even new AP's with ROW SKU can be provisioned to work with the country you are deploying. Technically the AP you have will work in any controller deployed any where in the world, but the WLC needs to have India added as a wireless country. (legal compliance must be reviewed by the user, below is just a technical guide)

Configuration -> Wireless -> Access Points -> Country

Then you can change the AP country one at a time using 9120AXi-D using it' advanced configuration tab.

Configuration ==> Wireless ==> Access Points ==> Access Point Name ==>Advanced

you can read the below article by @Rasika Nayanajith written for AireOS, but still most of the limitations and restrictions applies to 9800 when multiple countries configured in the WLC.

https://mrncciew.com/2013/04/07/configuring-country-codes-on-wlc/

great,,thanks for the info but then @Arshad Safrulla coming back to my original question, I have thousands of C9120AXI-D with us in India and we want to use them by exporting them to other countries. Can we do that with just using them in other countries and enabling the country codes in respective location WLC's? I doubt this but would like to know your thoughts on this.

@Rasika Nayanajith Can you help?

Rich R
VIP
VIP

The answer is NO.  Also in most countries it would be illegal to try to do so.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card