Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 1131 console connection not working

HenriqueLopes
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, 

i have a couple of Cisco 1131 access points but when trying to console to them the screen is all black (settings on putty are all OK and tried with 2 console cables to eliminate the possibility of a faulty cable). Put a new image (autonomous AP) with TFTP but problem persists. Only when doing break it shows some lines of the CLI but never get a command prompt. What could cause this problem and possible solutions for it?

Thanks in advance for your help

4 Replies 4

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

when you console into an AP your console settings need to be:

9600/8/none/1 with flow control set to off.

HTH,

Steve

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Thanks for your suggestion, but it didn't solve the problem. 

Hello Henrique,

1131AP's ship with an LWAPP image like 12.3.(7)JX which only allows Read-Only access via the Console port.This also applies to 1131's which have been converted from Autonomous to LWAPP. Have a look;

Access Points Converted to LWAPP Provide Read-Only Console Port

After you convert an access point to LWAPP mode, the console port provides read-only access to the unit.

From this doc;
http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/access_point/ios/release/notes/b37jxrn.html

Hope this helps!

Hello Prakash, 

yes i know that its read only in LWAPP, but the new image is Autonomous and in both of them i don't have any CLI when acessing via the console. The window is all black...only when pressing break it shows some lines of the booting but then stops.

Looking forward to hearing from you

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card