cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 1142 DHCP issue

souravpal
Level 1
Level 1

Hi I am facing a problem in newly purchased cisco 1142 wireless Access Point.What I am facing , is that...

I have configured DHCP server on AP.When wireless clients(MAC binding configured) are conecting AP using network key , some time client are getting IP address from DHCP pool configured in APand some from other DHCP server exist in the network.

I think that everytime when I will connect the AP, client should get IP address from AP DHCP pool .

Attached is the configuration file.

Please assist me.

Looking forward the help.

7 Replies 7

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You should have a dhcp scope on the AP if you have a dhcp server on the network already.

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Thanks for prompt response..

I have configured below one in cisco AP.

ip dhcp excluded-address 10.2.0.1 10.2.65.34

!

ip dhcp pool abp

network 10.2.0.0 255.255.0.0

default-router 10.2.50.1

dns-server 8.8.8.8

lease 0 0 1

!

I think that first one client should get 10.2.65.35 , but problem is , some time is getting right one and some is getting IP like(192.168.x.x) which is not same network.

How could it possible?

Looking for a great solution.

Is that other subnet on your network or did someone bing in a home router that is issuing dhcp.

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott

Actually this is in my network.Probably it might be what u r thinking...

I am not able to track that IP.

Well you will need to find that device handing out the 192.168.x.x. That will cause problems as you already know. You can probable ping the device via ip and the check the arp table for the Mac address in which you can then search the Mac table to see what port that device is connected to.

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott

Ok thanks...

I will connect that much information once I visit the customer place...will let you know ASAP..!!!

Just want to know that if put normal non cisco brand AP(like Dlink 3200) configured same setting working properly.So why is in cisco...!!

Is there any possible option to configure cisco AP such a way so that everytime client will get ip from AP DHCP pool.?

I think that DHCP server configured on Cisco AP should be high priority than other DHCP server as DHCP request coming first to AP , AP DHCP server should release a IP for client before interfering other DHCP..

I am confused,,what the problem exactly is?

It should be when devices are associated to that AP. If you have other AP's and only one AP doing dhcp, then it is the dhcp who responds first.

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card