cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 1800 series AP

manzeel
Level 1
Level 1

can intenal  dhcp pool can be created at cisco 1800 series AP ? so that clients can get ip from wlc instead from firewall or external dhcp server..?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I'm assuming you are using Mobility Express.  With this technology, you can't create an internal DHCP pool and must use an external DHCP server. This may change in the future, but as of now, it is not supported. 

-Scott

*** Please rate helpful post ***

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

Well when you setup mobility express, your AP gets and IP address and then you define you controller IP. So the master has two address. If this is a new setup, maybe factory default the AP's and start over. It's hard to say what's wrong without seeing the configuration. 

-Scott 

-Scott

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I'm assuming you are using Mobility Express.  With this technology, you can't create an internal DHCP pool and must use an external DHCP server. This may change in the future, but as of now, it is not supported. 

-Scott

-Scott

Thanks Scott..it was helpful..

i have another problem,

while tagging multiple ssid with different vlan in 1800 series through trunk port on switch ..ssid is not broadcasting IP according to respected vlan network.....can you help with my issue...

Make sure that the native vlan on the trunk port on the switch is the management of the AP, then make sure you are only allowing the vlans that you will map the WLAN's to.  Make sure that the vlan is functional by connecting a laptop to a port on the switch that is setup for an access port on the wireless vlan.

-Scott

-Scott

Manjil & Scott Pardon my intrusion, but you are talking about the same issue I am having. I have a cisco 1841 Router IOS 12.4(24)T1 with a HWIC-AP-G-A.  My 1841 with AP-G is having similar problems. Would it be alright to ask some questions and post my running-configuration? thanks Mark 

Mark,

Can you create a new post. Your question is different from the OP. 

-Scott 

-Scott

Thanks Scott for your input.. but still it did not work...

here is my layout.. i have created dhcp pool for vlan 3 and vlan 4 of different network in juniper srx240 and trunk both the vlan to dell switch. when i accessed individual port on dell switch with access mode i get ip according to vlan..till this process every thing is fine..but when i pass another port with trunk..i am not able to connect to ssid with different vlan taggged. but when i make vlan 3 as native vlan ..i will get access to ssid of vlan tagged 3 but not of vlan tagged 4.

here is the command at my switch..

console(config-if)# interface ethernet g14
console(config-if)# switchport mode trunk
console(config-if)# switchport trunk native vlan 3
console(config-if)# switchport trunk allowed vlan add 3,4

Seems like the AP doesn't have the sub interfaces defined and is passing all traffic on the native vlan. All the AP's are connected to a trunk port and you have interfaces for both vlan 3 and vlan 4?

-Scott

-Scott

My 1832l Ap act as both a controller and Ap in itself. yes when i configure native vlan as 3 it passes traffic only but not in trunk mode in individual vlan network and yes i have interfaces for both vlans.

SSH to the controller IP and issue a show run and post that. 

-Scott 

-Scott

It is not helpful. and not working

Well when you setup mobility express, your AP gets and IP address and then you define you controller IP. So the master has two address. If this is a new setup, maybe factory default the AP's and start over. It's hard to say what's wrong without seeing the configuration. 

-Scott 

-Scott
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: