Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 2504 WLC and 1142 AP's- Guest network and secure network

myk140782
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can help here. I have a 2504 WLC and x6 1142 AP's and currently have this working on our corporate network (still in test phase). So far so good and looking at authentication via radius next for this.

We have a separate ADSL connection that is external to the corporate network and what i would like to do is based on SSID (in this case i'll use "Guest Access") i would like any clients etc that visit to be able to connect to our wireless but not be able to connect to our corporate network

Is this possible or is there a better way of doing this?

Thanks

Mike

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You've pretty much nailed it right on the head.

you'd want to put up another SSID for the guests, and you can even connect the ADSL connection direclty to the WLC on another port.  You just need to create an interface with an appropriate IP address for the ADSL connection.

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You've pretty much nailed it right on the head.

you'd want to put up another SSID for the guests, and you can even connect the ADSL connection direclty to the WLC on another port.  You just need to create an interface with an appropriate IP address for the ADSL connection.

HTH,
Steve

HTH,
Steve

Thanks Steve,

Thought as much but was not 100% sure- will give it a go first thing tomorrow :-)

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

ok, so i have tried setting up a guest network through our external ADSL and can get this to work- but only when i set this up via the management interface. If i set up another interface to our corporate network (with a different vlan ID) i am unable to get that to work- the controller will also not ping an IP on the other interface. I can reverse this scenario (so corporate on the management interface and guest on another "guest interface) with the same results- i can't get both guest and corporate to work at the same time. I feel i'm missing something pretty obvious here- any idea's?

Cheers

All sorted now, started again - just a typo on an ip :-)

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card