Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 2504 WLC and AppleTV

davidfield
Level 3
Level 3

Hello need a bit of direction here. 

I have a 2504 WLC with 10 AP's and 10 AppleTV's, 3vlans.   WLC is running 8.0.120.0 I have setup MDNS.  I can see in the Mdns Domain browser the Apple TVs (image attached) and the AppleTV's are not in the native vlan.  The Apple TVs are a combination of wired and wifi connected to the same IP Subnet and the AppleTV Vlan has a dedicated WLAN SSID (so mobile devices on the WLAN SSID are in the same subnet as the AppleTV's)

From an ipad or iphone on the AppleTV  SSID I cannot airplay to the AppleTV's.  However if I'm on a wired PC on the AppleTV Vlan running an Airplay emulator I can see all the AppleTV's both on the wired and wifi connected ones.  It appears as my restriction is I cannot see from a mobile device to any of AppleTV's (the Wired or wifi).

I cant see any setting that relates to Channel Isolation so I cant see why this isn't working.  When I put the PC with the Airplay emulator on the SSID I cannot see the AppleTV's either so its something to do with the WLAN settings but I cant see what.  

Any ideas of what I'm missing?

Thanks in advance

Dave

2 Replies 2

ali aqrabawi
Level 3
Level 3

do you have mdns spoofing enabled on the WLAN ? and do you have the right profile applied their ?

do you have any mDNS policy blocking this ? 

i think (not sure) in 8.0.121.0 you will need to add an policy to allow the clients to see services explicitly 

emily00001
Level 1
Level 1

I think you might need to set up multicast on the WLC for it to work?

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless/aironet-1100-series-access-point/113443-cuwn-apple-bonjour-dg-00.html

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card