cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 2700 Series Location Appliance

dagyb
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone had any luck getting LS working?

Mine shows that it's synch'ed up with WCS but the map always says loading 0 clients.

6 Replies 6

ratliffs
Level 1
Level 1

We had a similar problem, and the fix was to delete the LS from WCS and re-add it. After that, the clients showed up.

Did that several times, still have the same problem.

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

you will need to make sure that the maps have been assigned to the Loc App.

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

I think I've done that from the synchro page, if thats what your talking about.

Maybe I am thinking too simple, but did you make sure to set up client polling. It has been quite a while since we deployed the location server, but I think that client polling may be disabled by default. It is under Location - Location Server - Administration - Polling parameters. Make sure the polling types you want are enabled.

Yes I did, from the instructions it would seem to be really easy to set up and get working. The only error message I can find is in the location server logs it says this over and over:

Poll error: Failed SNMP request: 167.161.114.250 for bsnMobileStationTable.bsnMobileStationEntry

where 114.250 is the controller; in the instructions it never mentions setting up community strings or anything about SNMP.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: