cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 350 Series Work group bridge

swensonj
Level 1
Level 1

I am attempting to find out if a Cisco 350 Series Work Group Bridge will "talk" to a Lucent Technologies AS2000. We currently have the AS2000 set up and running talking to the Orinoco 11mbps Silver Cards that have been installed and configured inside the users machine.

Any imput is greatly appreciated

1 Reply 1

rsimhamb
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have the WGB350 and have had *no luck* in getting it to talk to a Nokia A032 AP (Wi-Fi certified). When I hook it up, it associates immediately. However, I can ping servers on the internet from the WGB's diagnostic tools but cannot see anything but the WGB from any client attached to it. Very strange, and I have not been able to resolve the issue with Cisco TAC. According to TAC, the WGB is not Wi-Fi certified and will not be wi-fi certified as it cannot pass the tests. However, one of the WGB faqs on cisco.com states that the WGB will operate with 802.11b devices as long as cisco extensions are turned off. I tried that with no luck. One forum poster (not a cisco forum) indicated that firmware version 8.65 (latest) has a bug that causes this issue and that a new version fixes this...

If you do take the plunge, please let me know how it went.

Thanks,

Ravi

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card