cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 3650 DHCP setup for internal clients

IT-LDI
Level 1
Level 1

I currently have 8 Cisco 2602i lightweight access points connected to our network running Cisco 3650 switches. I have all of the Agents and the Controller setup for these access points with the appropriate VLAN's configured. I was able to get access the access points wireless, but the transition between the Ap's did not work until I added the 'No Mobility Anchor Sticky' to the vlan's via telnet. I can connect to the AP's wirelessly, but when connected I do not have the access to our network while being connect to the data-vlan. Note; we also have a guest access vlan which allows for access to the internet only. This vlan is also a scope setup on the main DHCP server. Accessing the Guest wireless vlan does work for some reason on the Access Points.

I believe the issue now is that I need to have DHCP setup on the Controller. I have looked through many Cisco documents and found out how to do it, but what I really need help on is creating the IP address range and the DHCP server. I know that there are (2) methods for this and I'm not quite sure what the best way to do this is. I currently have 8 access points and will not ever need to go above 10 AP's.

We also have our own DHCP and DNS server.

Can someone please help me in getting this working on the Controller? 

Thank you,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I was able to get it working.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

IT-LDI
Level 1
Level 1

we also have a Radius server setup

I was able to get it working.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card