Replies

Cisco 5520 and smart licence

akram.root
Level 4
Level 4

Hello ,

I hope you are doing well.

Could you help me please !

I would sak you what are the port needed on cicso WLC 5520 to communicate a smart licente (direct access via internet ) and which interface used by cisco WLC 5520  to access a internet ?

Best regards

Akram

6 Replies 6

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Port 80 and 443 is good enough for smart License using Cisco Cloud.

WLC depends on deployment, if you have separate mgmt interface - then I would use that one.

here is the guide how it works :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/technology/mesh/8-2/b_Smart_Licensing_Deployment_Guide.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thank you for your reply,

Do you know any commande to test connectivity internet for this page (tools.cisco.com) from WLC 5520.

1. Find the IP of it by doing nslookup tools.cisco.com

2. try to ping that ip from cisco wlc

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

Hello,

Cisco WLC 5520 not support nslookup .

I have another question which interface is used by controller to contact cisco smart licensing ? (Management or SP)

Best regards

suggest to ping from WLC and try telenet to port 443 see it can, from the same network of WLC.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Akram,

Controller supports only standard HTTP (TCP 80) and HTTPS (TCP 443) for device registration against SSM.

here is the guide for deployment:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/technology/mesh/8-2/b_Smart_Licensing_Deployment_Guide.html

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: