Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 881 Software License Issue

zyang
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have been working with the 871 router and configuring it for work at home users. 

Now we are purchasing and using the 881's instead. 

I noticed that after write erasing the router, I need to run the command in the global config "license boot module c880-data level advipservices" just have eigrp.

However when I type show license, I get the following:

Index 1 Feature: advipservices                 

Period left: 8  weeks 3  days

Period Used: 2  hours 55 minutes

License Type: EvalRightToUse

License State: Active, In Use

License Count: Non-Counted

License Priority: Low

There is more but I left it out.  However it shows that the advipservices license has only 8 weeks and 3 days left.

What is this?  I thought that when I buy a brand new router, I should get everything, including IOS licenses. 

So I would like to know is this a new licensing scheme and how does it get register and how do I get it so that the advipservices license is permanent?

Thank you.

4 Replies 4

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

When you ordred the router, what IOS level did you indicate?

Steve

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

daviswc_33
Level 1
Level 1

I am experiencing the same issue.  I am currently working with a C881W-A-K9 running 15.2(4)M3 from Cisco.  I did a show license on the device when I first consoled into it and saw that both the advipservices and advsecurity licenses were showing:

Period left: Life time

License Type: Permanent

License State: Active, In Use

License Priority: Medium

I began entering my config, and hit the "#>license boot module c800 level advipservices" command.  I then tried entering my eigrp configuration and none of the eigrp commands were showing up (no show ip eigrp, etc.).  I went back into the licenses and now my advipservices is showing:

Index 1 Feature: advipservices

Period left: 8  weeks 4  days

Period Used: 0  minute  0  second

License Type: EvalRightToUse

License State: Active, Not in Use, EULA accepted

License Priority: Low

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I found my issue.  The devices that were ordered had the security license bundled, but not the ipadvservices, which were not ordered.  I am in the process of getting the appropriate licenses for the devices.

Ravi Singh
Level 7
Level 7

You can follow the below link for ordering software license issue.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/routers/ps380/white_paper_c11_499859.html

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card