Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Access Point - C9120AXI-E

Sjalle
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone  

I have a little problem i will share with you. 

I have installed a new switch and a new Access Point to a department. The access point have the same setup like the others i have installed in the WLC and the switch have the same config like others as well  

But i have found out, when we use our Zebra scanners, its keep saying "Obtaining Ip address" when it try to jump on our Scanner WLAN its keep saying "obtaining ip address" and never find a DHCP address. But when i walk away from the Access Point and moving closer to a other access point its getting a IP address and connect fine. 

Can someone pls come with some ideas i can troubleshoot on?   

7 Replies 7

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What firmware is the controller on? 
Turn OFF WMM.

Rich R
VIP
VIP

If that WLAN is locally switched is the AP connected to a trunk port with that vlan allowed and is that vlan configured on the switch and does the trunk uplink from that switch allow the vlan? 

You may think the AP and switch are configured the same as the others but have you actually done side by side comparison/diff of the configs?  It's easy to miss small differences if you don't compare them side by side in one of the many tools available.

For more help - what WLC, what version of software, what AP, how is the AP & WLAN configured, how is the switchport configured as a minimum.  Ideally provide snippets of config as descriptions can be ambiguous.

Image Version on Switch = c2960x-universalk9-mz.152-2.E5/c2960x-universalk9-mz.152-2.E5
Model= : WS-C2960X-24TS-L

Controller
Version: 17.4.1
Model: Cisco Catelyst 9800-CL

Access Point:
Version: 17.4.1.6

Upgrade to 17.6.4.

We are planning to upgrade the Controller Monday already, so i will se maybe that fix the problem  

Rich R
VIP
VIP

Absolutely agree with @Leo Laohoo - upgrade WLC to 17.6.4.  You should only ever be using short-lived releases like 17.4 when you urgently need a new feature and then you should migrate to the next extended support release when available.  Bugs in 17.4 will not be fixed because it only has 1 release.
Switch IOS is unlikely to be a problem but while you're about it upgrade the switch to 15.2(7)E6
https://software.cisco.com/download/home/284795737/type/280805680/release/15.2.7E6
You still haven't mentioned: how is the AP & WLAN configured, how is the switchport configured as a minimum.  Ideally provide snippets of config as descriptions can be ambiguous.

Sjalle
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone  

I upgrade it today to 17.6.4, its was already a plan because we found out our versionen not was a supported one. 

And i have now found out what the issue was with the Access Point and i can't tell you guys what is is because i am embarrassed about it HAHA  

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card