Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Access Point Client Connection Always Drop

am.
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We have a problem here, this has been happening since 1 year ago. Client connections from the access point in our office are always drop randomly.

We are using Cisco Catalyst 9800-L-F (IOS-XE 16.12.4a) and Cisco Aironet 1815i.

The average device in our office uses Windows 10 with an Intel chipset.

When the problem occurs, the wifi indicator on the computer is still connected but has no internet connection, and cannot ping to the gateway.

However, the device can connect to the access point and get an IP address, even the client is still detected in WLC.

We have tried to open the case to Cisco TAC, we have done OTA Capture and Span Capture but until today we still have not found an answer.

I hope you can share your experiences on this issue. I hope to get a solution from you.

4 Replies 4

patoberli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

What did you do so far with TAC?

How well can you reproduce the problem?

>debug client <mac address>

> whether the user is authentication is dropped ?

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@am. wrote:

We have tried to open the case to Cisco TAC, we have done OTA Capture and Span Capture but until today we still have not found an answer.

What timezone/country are you in?  

@am. wrote:

When the problem occurs, the wifi indicator on the computer is still connected but has no internet connection, and cannot ping to the gateway.

However, the device can connect to the access point and get an IP address, even the client is still detected in WLC.

1. Does this issue ONLY appears on the corporate laptop?  
  2. Does this issue appear on, say, Apple or Android OS? 
  3. Can you try rebooting the AP first?  If issue still does not go away, reboot the WLC next.

> The average device in our office uses Windows 10 with an Intel chipset.

Have you checked that you're using the latest drivers on the PCs?  That can solve lots of problems.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card