cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Access Points Stand Alone and Apple services - airprint airplay bonjour and mdns

davidfield
Level 3
Level 3

Hopefully someone can assist with a couple of pointers here as Apple devices are driving me insane.  

I have a number of issues but recently the Cisco Standalone Wireless AP's are showing inconsistency in how they work with Apple devices and services such as Airprint, Airplay etc...  In summary I have a site with 5 x AIR-AP1142's and 1 AIR-SAP702i.  I can see the Airprinters etc.. on the 1141's but not on the 702i.  In the end I upgraded the firmware, turned off IGMP snooping and turned off all the multicasting config on the SG200 switches in order for the 702i to work.  I can't explain why the 1141's work as is and not the 702i which had exactly the same config (attached).

All the research I can find involves environments where there is a WLC.  Can someone please help with defining the reviewing the configs and seeing if there is anything I'm doing wrong or the following?

- A standalone AP config for apple services.  

- A typical setup for the multicasting config on an SG series switch for apple services.  

Any help appreciated.

Regards

Dave

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card