Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco AIR-ANT2506

juankcs85
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everybody

I have a question about  installing a wireless solution with the AIR-ANT2506 connected to the acces point 1242AG-A-K9 (LWAPP) and the goal is register the ap to the controller 2504.

This antenna is supported by the controller?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In general, the WLC does not care what type of antenna you use with the AP, so long as they can connect.  The

AIR-ANT2506, is a RP-TNC connector which works on the 1242.

Keep in mind, that under the AP Radio config for 2.4, you'll want to specify the dBi values for the antenna, so that RRM can be calculated correctly.

HTH,

Steve

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please remember to rate helpful posts or to mark the question as answered so that it can be found later.

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In general, the WLC does not care what type of antenna you use with the AP, so long as they can connect.  The

AIR-ANT2506, is a RP-TNC connector which works on the 1242.

Keep in mind, that under the AP Radio config for 2.4, you'll want to specify the dBi values for the antenna, so that RRM can be calculated correctly.

HTH,

Steve

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please remember to rate helpful posts or to mark the question as answered so that it can be found later.

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

That's what i think, but in some cisco links i saw there are some antennas that the wlc didn't support and confuse me.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

To add to Steve's post, make sure you configure your radios to the correct antenna.

Wireless > 802.11a/n Cisco APs > Configure > Antenna Parameters > Antenna Gain.

Value entered should be "10".

Hi

I'm going to try and post

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card