Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Air-AP2800 even console works

Leo Santos
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Guys,

Before the COVID pandemic, I ordered several Cisco air-ap2802I to refresh the office park. Almost two years late I started to unbox them to configure.

For the first two devices that I tried the "CiscoAirProvision" SSID wasn't broadcast.  Once i tried to connect it trough console cable and Putty, I just see some random characters.

Now the both tests devices are stuck in Green, Red blink leds condition.

Please, help me to get any access to the devices.

Thank you! 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leo Santos
Level 1
Level 1

As per the topic below the problem with console is the type USB adapter. I was using a generic one that worked fine with other switches but not with the AP.

As per @brad and @akyumurkov the USB converter must use FTDI chipset. 

https://community.cisco.com/t5/wireless-mobility-documents/how-to-console-into-cisco-aironet-access-points-and-bridges/ta-p/3131312

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Leo Santos
Level 1
Level 1

As per the topic below the problem with console is the type USB adapter. I was using a generic one that worked fine with other switches but not with the AP.

As per @brad and @akyumurkov the USB converter must use FTDI chipset. 

https://community.cisco.com/t5/wireless-mobility-documents/how-to-console-into-cisco-aironet-access-points-and-bridges/ta-p/3131312

Rich R
VIP
VIP

There's actually more to it than that.  There are many products out there using fake clones of the FTDI chipset which will report themselves as FTDI even though they're actually fakes so beware of those too.  This has been discussed a few times on the forums.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card