Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco air cap2602i e k9 external antenna connectivity issues

Alin Petrache
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

During implementing an wireless based solution to one of my customers, I encountered an issue with the connectivity on the AP air cap2602i e k9.

Issue description:

The AP air cap2602i e k9 is located inside. It has one external antenna attached, inside, and another external antenna outside the building.

When I try to connect from outside, it fails.

When I try from inside, it's successful, if I go outside, without disconnecting from the current connection, it keeps me connected. If I disconnect and try to reconnect, it fails again.

I don't think it's a problem with the external antenna located outside, because if I perform a hard reset on the AP, it's working fine for a while, and then it fail again.

Any idea please, on the root of this issue.

Thanks,

5 Replies 5

blakekrone
Level 4
Level 4

Having 1 antenna connected inside and 1 outside isn't a proper deployment scenario. Have you tried with a proper deployment of both antennas installed properly to provide coverage for the intended area?

Hi,

Do you have anything to read for a proper deployment scenario?

Thanks,

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Let me understand. You have 2 antennas assuming the 2.4 GHz radio. You have 1 antenna on the inside and the other 2.4 is on the outside. 

So .....

Both antennas work together and there are specific rules you must follow in how far apart the antennas should be in wave length. For our discussion its really only a few feet. Both antennas work together. If you use 2 antennas and try to provide inside and outside coverage you will have problems. My guess is your beacons are coming out of the 1 antenna you connect. You go outside and the antennas are sensing the frame on the outside antenna and moves you to that antenna. 

Know you can't do this. What are you trying to do we can help guide you .. 

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Hi,

I will try to remove the external antenna installed inside, and let just the outside antenna.

I had this scenario and it worked, so this one should.

I will be back with the results.

Thanks,

You need both antennas installed servicing the same area, whether it be inside or outside. If you just have the one external you will still probably have your issues. 

I would suggest looking into hiring a Cisco partner to assist. 

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card