cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco AIR-LAP1232AG-A-K9 cmd "config t" invalid

mrjb6x3666
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to setup  a access point I am having a problem.

I am connected with a RJ-45-to-DB-9 female DTE adapter from Console Port on the AP to my PC i am using Putty to serial into it.

But after that i get logged in

Username: Cisco

Password: Cisco

AP001a.6d14.0a2b>en

Password: Cisco

AP001a.6d14.0a2b#config t

^

% Invalid input detected at '^' marker

Why wont it take that command ?

Can someone help me

Also i cant get in through the Web browser as well

Please Give me Guidence

I included the sessons text file as well thank you for your help if you can

2 Replies 2

Dear Joseph

The model you have mentioned is lightweight access point and you can only configure it with Wireless Controller.

If you want to run this AP in standalone mode, you have to convert its IOS from lightweight to standalone. then you can also access using GUI.

Following are the steps for conversion.

The image that is on the device is LWAPP one, not the autonomous.. if  you want to use the AP in autonomous mode then the image should be W7..  that is..

c1232-k9w7-tar.124-21a.JY.tar not c1232-rcvk9w8-tar.124-23c.JA.tar

I request you to do download any image from the below link and perform the conversion from LWAPP image to autonomous..

http://tools.cisco.com/support/downloads/go/PlatformList.x?sftType=IOS+Software&mdfid=282439881&treeName=Wireless&mdfLevel=Model&url=null&modelName=Cisco+Aironet+1140+Access+Point&isPlatform=N&treeMdfId=278875243&modifmdfid=null&imname=&hybrid=Y&imst...

the methos to convert is..

download TFTPd32 from google and install it on ur PC.. point the image that you have downloaded in the TFTP server..

connect  a ethernet cable between ur laptop and AP.. both should be in the same  subnet.. and connect a console cable and get the hyperterminal console  access and issue the command.. make sure you are able to ping the PC and the AP and vice versa!!

AP>en

AP#debug lwapp console cli or debug capwap console cli

AP#config t

AP(confg)int fa 0

AP(confg-if)ip addr (same subnet as that of the laptop)

AP(confg-if)end

AP#archieve download-sw /force-reload /overwrite tftp:///

AP#archieve download-sw /force-reload /overwrite tftp://<10.0.0.5>/c1232-k9w7-tar.124-21a.JY.tar

Thank you for the reply and solution i hope but when i clicked on the link it says its a bad link So i need a different link i realized also of the software issue but when i went to the downloads sectuion i was unable to download the correct software because i need A SERVICE CONTRACT to download

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card