Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco AIR-PWRINJ6 power injectors no working for AP2802i

We purchased four 2802i aps. Since the maximum supported power of the switch is only 15.4w, we bought 4 poe injectors (AIR-PWRINJ6).
The strange thing is that when I look at the controller, the ap status is still medium power (15.4w). And the radio cannot be started.
I disabled poe on the port but no avail.
We use mobility express, the version is 8.3.150.
The following figure shows the switch power and ap status.

Can you guys help me?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The port PoE should be disabled and make sure cdp is enabled and lldp is disabled.  Possible swap out the patch cables and or upgrade the code you are on.  You can search the forum as there are a few threads with the same issue.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Attached is the log log of ap when joining ME

The port PoE should be disabled and make sure cdp is enabled and lldp is disabled.  Possible swap out the patch cables and or upgrade the code you are on.  You can search the forum as there are a few threads with the same issue.

-Scott

The log doesn’t show much. You should look at the log when you power cycle the ap. Then you will see the power negotiations. 

-Scott

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Keep in mind that you first want to disable the PoE on the switch and then connect the injector up.  Give that a try, just disabling PoE will not work, you might also need to shut the port and bring the port back up.

-Scott

Is this order important? I also tried this way, but it didn't work

Is this order correct?
1. Configure the switch interface to power inline never
2. Plug the poe injector into the power supply
3. Connect the IN port to the switch
4. Connect the OUT port to the AP

Yes... it really is that the PoE is disabled on the switch and then the injector is connected then the AP.
-Scott

ok thank you.I will test it after get off work

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card