Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Aironet 1041 configuration

Donfloyd67
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

In need of some help with two of these devices.

We would like to use these as two basic access points, is this possible?

I am unable to assign an IP address as i cannot use the configure terminal command as it does not exist?

Do i need to use a wireless controller for this? if yes we do not have access to one is there another way to resolve this?

Any help would be ideal.

Cheers,

Don

3 Replies 3

jurodri3
Level 1
Level 1

Hello  Mr. Floyd

Thank you for your question.

However, the Small Business Support Community is limited to Cisco Small Business Products and these products is not a Cisco Small Business Product. The 1041 router is considered as an Enterprise level device.

In the next link you will find the area that may help you further with your question.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/index.jspa

Best regards,

Diego Rodriguez

Cisco Small Business Community Engineer

Hi Don,

I moved your questions into the appropriate support community area.

Regards,
Cindy Toy
Cisco Small Business Community Manager
for Cisco Small Business Products
www.cisco.com/go/smallbizsupport
twitter: CiscoSBsupport

Regards, Cindy If my response answered your question, please mark the response as answered. Thank you!

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
I am unable to assign an IP address as i cannot use the configure terminal command as it does not exist?

Maybe you are the WAP you are using is running a controller-based firmware.

The easiest way to determine is to run the command "sh version" and the IOS should have a "k7" in it.  If it's "k8" then it's controller-based.

If this is so, you can convert the firmware from controller-based to IOS very easily.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: