Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Cisco Aironet 1250 IPv6

Matt Wilson
Beginner
Beginner

Hi all. Does the Cisco AIR-AP1252AG-N-K9 running IOS Release 15.2.2-JA1 support IPv6?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I am trying (and failing) to find the release note for the WLC when IPv6 addressing became supported on the interfaces; allowing pure IPv6 CAPWAP tunnels. I seem to remember it came late in our campus deployment at a point when we had moved on from the AP1250. There is a good possibility that it never gained that feature.

Regarding the NTP, just have the 887 run as a time source. Peer to your ISP on IPv6 and allow connections on both v4/6 ...you'd be half way there ;)

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

Seb Rupik
VIP Advisor VIP Advisor
VIP Advisor

Hi there,

Yes. these were the model of AP we were using for an IPv6 deployment on a university campus 6 years ago.

cheers,

Seb.

Thanks Seb. I cannot find any commands that reference IPv6. Am I missing something? I've attached a dump of all the commands available in configuration mode.

Matt.

Hi Matt,

In our deployment we had the APs running in lightweight mode assoctiated to an WLC running over an IPv4-only subnet. All the v4-v6 client traffic was encapsualted back to the WLC and then to the core.

Not having a 1250 to play around with now, is there not IPv6 commands under the interface sub-command?

I assume you are running the c1250-k9w7-tar.152-2.JA1.tar  image?

cheers,

Seb.