cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Aironet 1560i and 3702e/3802e | Question about Autonomous = Mesh = Configurable, need clarification

Elrick Landon
Level 1
Level 1

Hi to all,

I'm currently using 2x Cisco Aironet 3702e with k9w7-autonomous IOS, i figure that what we call "mesh mode" ???

So it correct to says Autonomous = Mesh mode ?

I use these AP to have same SSID Name and have automatic switch from one to other when i move into my house. 

I plan to replace it by 3802e in a near future, model air-ap3802e-e-k9c

c letter at the end for configurable, it is correct to understand that Configurable = Mesh mode = Autonomous ?

I plan to add a third AP, outdoor AP for this one, i'm looking Cisco Aironet 1560i device and i notice in datasheet :

Wireless bridging/mesh (future availability)

Does this device is ready to be use in Mesh mode or not yet ? If not, when it can be ?

Many thanks for your help.

1 Reply 1

patoberli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
The C model means it contains a Mobility Express controller on the AP itself. More information about ME: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/solutions/enterprise-networks/mobility-express/index.html

Your 3702 can join the 3802 as client APs and you can manage them all centrally from the 3802. Not sure about Mesh though, but it works well if the APs are attached to the same LAN.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card