cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO Aironet 1832i software download

aldebaran18
Level 1
Level 1

Bought a Cisco AP recently from Newegg; tried to download the latest MobilityExpress and I cannot since I do not have a service contract with Cisco...

Called Newegg and Cisco and got nowhere, so I might have to return the product since it's not supported.

Any ideas on how I can get the download?

P/N is AIR-AP1832I-A-K9C

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution
11 Replies 11

Hi @aldebaran18

Unfortunately the path you choose is the way to go. Either who sold you or Cisco must provide the required software .

Interesting that for this kind of question we dont see Cisco guys answering.

-If I helped you somehow, please, rate it as useful.-

I still hope I will get some feedback from either of them, here or elsewhere...

aldebaran18
Level 1
Level 1

Anybody has the image file AIR-AP1830-K9-ME-8-5-120-0.zip and willing to share?

Big mistake I made purchasing this AP since support is conditional...

Saravanan Lakshmanan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/technotes/8-5/b_cisco_mobility_express_8_5/b_cisco_mobility_express_8_5_chapter_0111.html

dding Access Points to Cisco Mobility Express Network

When adding Access Points to Cisco Mobility Express network, the following have to be considered:

Software Version on the Access Point–If the software version of the access point, which is being added, is different than what is on the Master AP, a software download of the code running on the Master Access Point has to happen on the Access Point being added. For the new Access Point to download the code that is running on the Master Access Point, one of the following has to be configured:

• TFTP server details and the Access Point images path information has to be configured on the Software Update page.

• If the Master AP has 8.3.102.0 or later code, one can configure the Cisco.com login credentials on the Software Update page and the code on the new Access Point will be automatically downloaded from cisco.com when an Access Point joins.

Note

For Software download to take place directly from Cisco.com, the Master AP should be the one with the SMARTNet Contract.

Procedure
Step 1   Download the Access Point image zip file from cisco.com on a TFTP server. The bundle version must be the same as the one running on the Master AP. Unzip the file to extract the individual Access Point images.
Step 2   Navigate to Management Software Update. Select TFTP for Transfer Mode and configure the TFTP Parameters.

(OR)

Step 3   Navigate to Management > Software Update. Select Cisco.com as the Transfer Mode and configure parameters related to the Cisco.com user account.
Step 4   Connect the AP to the network. When the AP boots up, it obtains an IP address from the DHCP server. If the AP version matches the one on Master AP, it joins. However, if the version on the AP being added is different than then one on the Master AP, it starts to download the image from either the configured TFTP server or cisco.com. After the image download is complete, the AP will reboot and join the Master AP.
Note   

During the image download there is no service interruption. After the image download is complete, the AP automatically re-boots and join the Master AP.

If you don't have anything meaningful to say, please don't  @Saravanan Lakshmanan

I have asked for the update image not information that I can find myself; not that it matters, but I will return the AP and will give my business to other vendors in the future.

Dear Aldebaran18

No need to get angry :) or offended.

Its not ethical to ask to share the latest/any image(that require contract purchases) in this community from other members as this forum is controlled and managed by Cisco(with all the agreement that you signed when you signup). It can get you blocked from forum for this behavior!

You need the smartnet contract(Ex: Buy from CDW) to download old/new images as CCO documented.

Also, with all due respect, please be mindful on your replies!

Regards
Saravanan

I don't think treats are a solution either... or ethical to quote you.

Which smartnet contract allows me to download updates?  They list 6,502 types on their site, ranging in price from $33 to $3000

Cisco should not sell to end users if they have such a strict policy regarding updates.

The retailer I bought from (newegg) is not helping.

One more thing though: OfficeExtend AP

I cannot connect to either of the local networks (2.4 & 5GHz), even though I enter the correct password, it is rejected every time.   Is there any documentation for the OE?   What is the purpose of the Local Network?

Also, on the corporate network I experience lots of disconnections and interruptions; I am using WPA2Enterprise security and an external RADIUS server.

We have not experienced any interruptions over the last 4-5 years with the old Cisco WAP321 AP that the Aironet 1832i is replacing.

I would appreciate your help with this matter.

Thanks.

Typical Cisco BS! Selling HW and still want to steal money from you to get their SW! Its like buying an expensive  car just to find out that it doesn't  come with a working engine!

No one should buy from Cisco ever again!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card