Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Aironet Sensor 1800S replacement

Hi everyone,

What equipment can replace the 1800s sensor, for use through DNA Center? because this hardware went into EoS??

Best Regards

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi

The replacement is informed on the EoL announcement. For this specific device Cisco did not indicate a replacement. Either they will deactivate this service or they will come up with a new solution.  If I had to guess, I would say the might transfer this functionality to standard Access Points. 

I started a project with Sensor few month ago but honestly I did not get the result I was expecting. 

View solution in original post

My guess is Cisco will discontinue these sensors without any replacement. You require DNAC to use these sensors and for many customers maintaining a DNAC is very expensive solution

HTH
Rasika
*** Pls rate all useful responses ***

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Hi

The replacement is informed on the EoL announcement. For this specific device Cisco did not indicate a replacement. Either they will deactivate this service or they will come up with a new solution.  If I had to guess, I would say the might transfer this functionality to standard Access Points. 

I started a project with Sensor few month ago but honestly I did not get the result I was expecting. 

My guess is Cisco will discontinue these sensors without any replacement. You require DNAC to use these sensors and for many customers maintaining a DNAC is very expensive solution

HTH
Rasika
*** Pls rate all useful responses ***

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I believe the 1800S will not have any replacement.  There was talk of one before 2019 but did not materialize because the1800S was a sales and engineering flop.  Other vendors are able market theirs cheaper (does not require DNAC) and can do more.  

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card