Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco AP 1832i wont get DHCP ip address and because of it can't ping / use GUI

MailDev@eai.fr
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

First message here, sorry for typos or if doesn't seem correct.

I have 2 AP : an ME one, my master, and a CAPWAP one. I need to get my ME management IP address assigned by my DHCP. When using the GUI interface and setting it to DHCP and restarting the AP, it wont assign me an IP address and I can't access GUI anymore. When in CLI using the "show interface detailed management" command line, it shows me my old static IP, says that the IP address type is in Dynamic, but wont let me access GUI and I can't ping my IP nor the gateway and the IP is blinking green amber red which means there is no network.

If somebody has a solution about it... I've looked everywhere on the internet but people doesn't seem to have the same problem as me.

Thanking you in advance for the help.

Best regards.

2 Replies 2

Did you reserve an IP for the MAC address of ME? Verify using the ARP for the current IP and then you get the MAC address?

Due to these reasons, it is always good to have a static IP for those ME, then you know it won't change accidentally.

HTH

Rasika

Well the issue isn't coming from the DHCP after investigating with other devices but from the AP itself... I'll continue to look around for a bit but I think I'll just stick with the static IP as it's a management interface and I propably won't have to touch it much once it's installed where it's meant to be.

Thank you for your help !

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card