cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco AP 2602 stand alone "nat mode"

ngo duyen
Level 1
Level 1

normally, we config AP so the client have same subnet which AP connect to switch or modem like this:

dot11 ssid <SSID-Name>

authentication open

guest-mode

interface Dot11Radio0

ssid <SSID-Name>

no shutdown

!

interface Dot11Radio1

ssid <SSID-Name>

no shutdown

!

interface BVI1

ip address dhcp

Now, I try to config AP so it connect to subnet 192.168.1.0/24 and client receive subnet 192.168.11.0/24 from AP (different subnet from what AP get).

I dont see an example about this.

Thanks for your help.

4 Replies 4

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It's pretty easy. Define the subinterfaces on the. Radio and gigethernet with the vlan for that subnet. Then in the ssid config call the vlan there as well. Same thin under the radios for the encryption line.

Sonic that is vlan 11

Dot11 said < ssid >
Vlan 11

Encryption vlan 11 mode ciphers tkip/are

Dot radio 0.11
Encapsulation dot1q 11
Bridge-group 11

Gig0.11
Encapsulation dot1q 11
Bridge-group 11

You'll also want to create subinterfaces for the vlan the spins pulling it's up address from

Gig0.1
Encapsulation dot1q native
Same under the radio interfaces

HTH,
Steve
Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Thank Steve, this is option.

I want to set ip of gi0: 192.168.1.1/24 and client receive subnet 192.168.11.0/24 from dhcp in AP.

I compare with another AP, I only need set ip LAN of AP and setup the AP as DHCP server of any subnet and client receiver ip from the DHCP server. with this AP when I connect to any network, I only have to change IP LAN and client alway have Ip what I have setup; I dont have to be worried about dhcp from the network which the AP connect to.

It seem very complex to setup the same thing with Cisco AP

after research, I think Cisco AP cant do this function.

Yes, NAT is not a supported feature in APs.

Q. Can you enable routing or Network Address Translation (NAT) on Cisco APs?

A. No, routing and NAT features are not supported on APs.

Referecne

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps430/products_qanda_item09186a008009483e.shtml

HTH

Rasika

*** Pls rate all useful resposnes ****

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: