Helpful
Replies

CISCO AP 3602I & 2602I DBI & throughput

hamzashahid
Level 1
Level 1

Hi 

Hope you all are great!

i have been reading specs for both model i.e  AIR-CAP3602I-A-K9 & AIR-CAP2602I-A-K9 but having little confusion here can u please share knowledge with me that what's the dbi of both APs where i have read that 

2602I has 4 dbi on both frequency and 3602I has 2 dbi for 2.4Ghz and 4 dbi for 5 Ghz with same throughput

let me know am i wrong or correct?

kindly reply asap

Thanks & best Regards:

HAMZA SHAHID

4 Replies 4

pieterh
VIP
VIP

dBi is a measure of the power of the signal it is not a measure of throughput,
with the remark of that course better signal can result in more throughput 

please clarify the question

Hi @hamzashahid,

Regarding "dbi" you are absolutely correct but throughput depends upon multiple factors like signal strength, interference, etc.

***Please mark all helpful posts***

Spooster IT Services Team

Thanks for your kind response, yes that's right and now i am clear to both things i was just confirming that both things that i am saying are right or not.

Further more can you please elaborate for me what should i choose as in comparison of both models.

End-of-Sale and End-of-Life Announcement for the Cisco Aironet 2600 Series - Cisco
End-of-Sale and End-of-Life Announcement for the Cisco Aironet 3600 Series - Cisco

as for EOL, for a new installation both models are not the best choice

Cisco Aironet 2600 Series Access Points Data Sheet

Cisco Aironet 3600 Series Access Point Data Sheet

neglecting the EOL , the 3600 series is more advanced and have option to install additional modules
but needs PoE+ (30W) to enable all options, as the 2600 series uses PoE ( only15,4W)
so if your current infrastructure are PoE (not + ) switches I would prefer 2600 over 3600

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card