Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco AP 9124AXD

PQR
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I need to know the part number of the omnidirectional and directional antennas for this model of APs, with the type of pigtail cable needed, i don't find information about that in datasheet.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/access_point/9124ax/install-guide/b-hig-9124ax/hardware-features.html

Help me please

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Only the 9124AXE have external antennas. 

9124AXI and 9124AXD have internal antennas.

C9124AXI (Internal Antenna) Model: Antenna Radiation Patterns

• 9124AXI is internal antenna.  Onmi-direction pattern (vertical) and semi-omni-directional (horizontal). 
  • 9124AXD is internal antenna but with a "directional" pattern (more focus of pushing the pattern to the front).

As far as I am aware, there is no list of antennas for the 9124AXE yet.  This is a list of antennas for 9120AXE but 9120 and 9124 are two different models and there is no confirmation that the antenna for the 9120AXE is compatible with the 9124AXE.  
Either raise a Cisco TAC Case or contact your Cisco SE for wireless because this is one way for Cisco to update their documentation.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The 9124AXD-x have four internal dual-band antennas with dedicated 2.4-GHz and 5-GHz radios, one internal single-band antenna with a dedicated 2.4-GHz IoT radio, and two dual-band antenna with a dedicated 2.4-GHz and 5-GHz AUX radio.

C9124AXD (Directional Antenna) Model: Antenna Radiation Patterns

thank you for your reply
What I need are the C9124 outdoor antennas.
Omnidirectional Antennas and Directional Antennas

Those antennas I can't find SKU or further reference, the only thing I found is the attached image:

Only the 9124AXE have external antennas. 

9124AXI and 9124AXD have internal antennas.

C9124AXI (Internal Antenna) Model: Antenna Radiation Patterns

• 9124AXI is internal antenna.  Onmi-direction pattern (vertical) and semi-omni-directional (horizontal). 
  • 9124AXD is internal antenna but with a "directional" pattern (more focus of pushing the pattern to the front).

As far as I am aware, there is no list of antennas for the 9124AXE yet.  This is a list of antennas for 9120AXE but 9120 and 9124 are two different models and there is no confirmation that the antenna for the 9120AXE is compatible with the 9124AXE.  
Either raise a Cisco TAC Case or contact your Cisco SE for wireless because this is one way for Cisco to update their documentation.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card