cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco AP AIR-CAP1602E-N-K9 rebooting every five minutes

Surajgowda
Level 1
Level 1

I run a Cisco wlc 2504 for small business. We have around 15 AP's (all AIR-CAP1602E-N-K9) all the 14 AP's work normal but one AP joins the controller works fine for 5minutes and disconnects/reboots and joins controller after 2mins and this keeps on repeating all day. AP's uptime doesn't cross 30mins.AP is supplied with power over Ethernet.Every time controller gives different  Reason For Last Unsuccessful Attempt(most common one is image data received from an unsupported AP)

Tried upgrading wlc software to latest 8.4.100 but still has the same problem..what is the work around?

9 Replies 9

leo.laohoo
Level 1
Level 1

Go to Management > Tech Support > AP Crash Log.  If a crash log for the AP is available, attach the file into the thread.

AP crash log is not available..it's just blank.

Is the AP connected to a Cisco switch?

Yes.It is connected to cisco ws-c3850-24t.

Post the complete output to the command "sh interface <PORT> cont".

I Don't have access to switch.

Is there anything that can be done through controller?

I am suspicious that the AP is rebooting so often because there is a faulty cable.  The only way to determine, for now, is that command.

Apparently from last two days this particular AP is working without any reboots where as other AP's are experiencing random reboots.

provide output from command "show logging" from AP.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card