Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco AP POE shut down

alalem2010
Level 1
Level 1

hello guys

i have faced a worrying problem , i have connect a new "AIR-AP3802P-E-K9" to controller , i have saw the state of AP in controller "downloading"  after that there is no response , then i unplugged  the Ethernet cable  (POE) , suddenly there is no more POE work , the switch is OK but the problem in AP, is it hardware  or SW problem ??.  

7 Replies 7

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
If you've swapped patch cables and the AP still doesn't light up then it is, most likely, dead.

Any solutions , i unplug the patch cable after a long time and the downloading state disappear , and also the AP disappear from controlle's AP list 

Any solutions , i unplug the patch cable after a long time and the downloading state disappear , and also the AP disappear from controlle's AP list

Vasco Costa
Level 1
Level 1

What is the switch? Have you confirm if the switch complies with the PoE requirements of the 3800?

Cheers,
Vasco

the switch is 3850 and it is working well with other APs

Have you issue the command "show power inline" to confirm that you have enough power to all the APs?
Cheers,
Vasco

yes i do , i have enough power
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: